Monthly Archives: April 2019

More than $90,000 raised for seniors constables Jonathon Wright and Matthew Foley

Senior Constable Jonathon ‘Jono’ Wright with his wife Lisa. Picture: FacebookThere has been an outpouring of support from the Macarthur community for two local police officers seriously injured in an RBT crash on Friday night.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

Campbelltown and Macquarie Fields Command officers Senior Constable Jonathon ‘Jono’Wright and Senior Constable Matthew Foley were struck when 22-year-old Ruse man Jakob Thornton allegedly veered into them while checking his phone.

Two GoFundMe pages were launched at the weekend to help the injured officers.

Amber Nielson, a close friend of the Wrights, launched herGoFundMe page on Saturdayto help ease the financial pressure on the family while Jono recovers from his injuries, including a foot amputation.

The fund, which was created with the hope of raising $10,000, has already raised more than $85,000.

Thesecond fundwas launched by Macquarie Fields Highway Patrol on Sunday and has raised more than $6500 for SeniorConstable Foley, who also suffered significant leg, arm and head injuries.

The campaign page said Senior Constable Foley had undergone surgery and would be “incapacitated for a lengthy period”.

Senior Constable Matthew Foley and his family. Picture: GoFundMe

“He will have to undergo intense physical therapy and may have major psychological injuries,” the page read.

“Matt and his wife Ros, along with their two young children are facing a lengthy recovery period.

“They have received much love and support for which they are extremely grateful.

“If you can find it in your hearts to donate any amount, big or small,we would be very grateful –as would Matt and Ros.”

Ms Nielson, who works with Senior Constable Wright’s wife Lisa at Campbelltown Hospital, said colleagues and friends were asking how they could help out while the Wrights were going through such a “tragic time”.

“People just wanted to feel like they were doing something to help, that they were making a difference,” she said.

“They wanted to channel their grief into something constructive and positive.

“I set up this GoFundMe page with no idea what I was doing and the response has been phenomenal.”

Ms Nielson said the funds already raised would cover a year’s worth of mortgage repayments and make a big difference to the family’s financial situation.

Community bands together to support injured cops TweetFacebook‘Thank God we didn’t lose a life last night’ – @nswpolice Commissioner Mick Fuller responds after two of his colleagues were hit during a routine RBT in Leumeah. #9Newspic.twitter苏州夜总会招聘/iiqg9spqKU

— Nine News Sydney (@9NewsSyd) February 16, 2018

Police are calling for any witnesses to the incident to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

The man accused of causing the accident, MrThornton,has previously lost his licence four times and has also been fined for using a mobile phone while driving, Parramatta Bail Court was told on Saturday.

He has been charged with twocounts of dangerous drivingcausing grievous bodily harm, negligent driving occasioning grievous bodily harm and using a mobile phone whilst driving.

The court heard Thornton had admitted to looking at his phone for between 10 and 20 seconds before hitting Senior constables Jonathon Wright and Matthew Foley on Campbelltown Road at Leumeah about 8.20pm on Friday night.

Mr Thornton was refused bail and is expected to face Campbelltown Local Court on Wednesday.

Macarthur Advertiser

Posted in 苏州美甲

Newcastle clubbie wiped out between the flags as ‘select few’ surfers ‘ignore’ the rules

Wiped out in the flags: surfers ‘ignoring’ beach’s sacred rule RECOVERING: Newcastle surf club member Rod Morris was rushed to hospital with a deep gash to his head after being struck by a surfboard in the flags. Picture: Jonathan Carroll
SuZhou Night Recruitment

OUCH: The surfboard fin cut to the bone. Picture: Supplied

Rod Morris in hospital recovering from his injuries. Picture: Supplied

A surgeon peels back the skin before Rod Morris went into surgery. Picture: Supplied

Rod Morris returns to the beach after he was struck by a surfboard. Picture: Supplied

TweetFacebookMr Morris, who is a nurse, said he was pleased with his recovery but doctors hadn’t ruled out plastic surgery. He received about 30 stitches.

“It will leave a scar, I know that,” he said. “I can’t do anything about it, but other than highlight it. I don’t want it to happen to anyone else. As bad as it was, it could have been much worse,” he said.

“I hate to think what would happen to a kid or elderly person.”

‘I hate to think what would happen to a kid or elderly person’: Rod Morris. Picture: Jonathan Carrol

Surf club instructor Lee Howes said keeping boardriders out of the flags was an ongoing problem on the sand.

She said some surfers were refusing to bow out of a wave as it approached the flags.

“The majority are great and they understand the flags are a sacred area,” she said.

“But there’s a select few who just think they can surf wherever they want. There’s times where they just ignore you …you’re pretty powerless to do anything about it.”

Ms Howes urged all beachgoers to respect the rules.

“If it had been a young kid, it could have been fatal,” she said. “This is an accident that shouldn’t have happened.”

Mr Morris said the surfer tried to get in touch, but he was not ready to speak.

IN NEWS TODAY:

Watch Surfest 2018 live from Merewether | video, photosUni students participate in hazing, drinking off genitals, in ‘appalling’ videoSwansea home engulfed by flames, neighbours evacuated

Posted in 苏州美甲

Fishlock, Kisnorbo unsure on City future

Jess Fishlock (L) hasn’t indicated whether she’ll be part of Melbourne City’s next W-League season.Melbourne City’s planning for a historic fourth W-League crown will start this week – but the coach and the club’s biggest star don’t know whether they’ll be part of it.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

After winning a third-straight championship on Sunday with a 2-0 grand final win over Sydney FC, there’s doubt over the future of coach Patrick Kisnorbo and Jess Fishlock, judged best afield in the decider.

Kisnorbo, who steered the side to last year’s title, is on staff with City but splits his attention between the A-League and W-League.

And Fishlock, 31, went straight from the grand final to a week’s leave as she contemplates where to play in the last years of her career.

Kisnorbo admits there’s uncertainty around the history-making team but he will be back at his desk this week to begin building another team.

“As soon as I took the job over after we won it last year, I knew how important recruitment was, what players I needed to bring in and and how important it was for the club,” he said.

“So we’ll enjoy one or two days off now but then you have to start rebuilding for the next year as it’s going to get harder again.”

Kisnorbo, a NSL premiership winner with South Melbourne, said he didn’t know whether he would continue next season.

“I am just enjoying the post-grand final celebrations. I don’t know what is going to happen to me in the future,” he said.

Club captain Steph Catley said she hoped Welsh international Fishlock would return to gun for a fifth W-League crown, including the 2014 title the pair won together at Melbourne Victory.

“She’s my favourite player to play with in the entire world,” Catley said.

“I’d love for nothing more her than to come back (but) it’s a long off-season and heaps can happen in that time.”

City made history by becoming the first national-level team to win three straight grand finals but Catley said she was taken aback by the animosity from rivals’ fans this season.

Fishlock and Kisnorbo also said envy or “doubters” drove their title bid.

Catley suggested it was a sign of maturing league.

“People don’t want to see the same time winning all the time,” she said.

“We’re still the new kids on the block. We came in and three seasons ago an we’ve won three championships so it’s a hard pill to swallow.

“If that means that other people don’t support us on grand final day then that’s what we have to deal with.”

Posted in 苏州美甲

Hamilton Fire Station townhouse plan draws fiery opposition ahead of Newcastle City Council date

Burning opposition to townhouse proposal for Hamilton Fire Station The existing Hamilton fire station building.
SuZhou Night Recruitment

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

HEATING UP: More than 90 submissions have opposed a revised plan for townhouses behind the former Hamilton Fire Station as depicted above.

TweetFacebook Take a look at the plansThe $1.6 milllion redevelopment of the historic former Hamilton Fire Station has met a blaze of opposition from neighbouring residents, with over 90 objections lodged to a townhouse proposal for the site.

Residents have warned the development is “not at all compatible” with the neighbourhoodand couldendanger children attending a nearby primary school.

But the developer, SNL Building Constructions, defended the planahead of a public voice meeting ofNewcastle City Council on Tuesday night. Approvals coordinator Wade Morris saidthe developmentcomplied with all of council’s planning controls for the area, which is zoned high-density residential.“It’s an area with pretty high amenity,” Mr Morrissaid. “We think it is able to support that built form and density.”

Under the plan, the existing circa-1925building at 9 Belford Street would be preserved and converted into a home.

Read more:

Historic Hamilton fire station up for saleFiries $1.9 million hot property sold offA further five three-storey townhouses wouldbe constructed behind iton the 900-square-metre block.

The townhouses would front Dixon Street, which also harbours Hamilton Public School and St Peter’s Anglican Church.

The updated proposal attracted 93 objections when the councilplaced it on public exhibition. An earlierversion of the plan, which included six townhouses, received 59 objections.

According to a council report, the objections centred on the “excessive” number of townhouses amounting to an overdevelopmentof the site, the “unsympathetic” height and design of the dwellings, heritage impacts, traffic and parking issues.

Five new driveways would be constructed alongDixon Street, and residents feared it would jeopordise the safety of pedestrians and school children on the “heavily trafficked” road.

A Dixon Street resident, Paul Shearston, was concerned about the removal ofon-street parking, which he said was already a major issueas a result of pressures from school parents, office workers catching the busand existing homes with no off-street parking.

He pointed out that council’s plans for the corridor stated that any new development should be compatible with existing buildings.

“Homes in Dixon Street are single-storey modest homes,” he said, adding that residents were not opposed to development on the site in general, but wanted a more appropriateproposal.

“There’s a concern about the heritage in the area,” he said. “Anumber of people see this area of Cameron’s Hill as having a unique status.”

Mr Shearston also rubbished suggestions the station’s hose-drying pole could be relocated to a nearby park as “laughable”.

Mr Morris pointed out the company had reduced the number of dwellings, and that Dixon Street was a low-speed environment.“The driveways are all designed to appropriate standards,” he said.

He also pointed out the development was in a designated growth corridor.“We’re very conscious of council’s planning controls and we’re just trying to deliver on that.”

Posted in 苏州美甲